I got to see Hamilton at the Richard Rogers Theater on April 30th, 2016. I can't begin to explain how amazing the experience was. It was worth the expensive tickets and I am so grateful to get to see (most of) the original cast before it wins the Tony ('cause of course it's gonna win) Full NYC trip post and photos coming soon!
So I made a video of the experience if you'd like to see that but I'll list some of my favorite moments from the show below.
Some of my favorite moments - *SHOW SPOILERS*
- Mulligan as the flower girl during the 'Helpless'.
- The Laurens' father's letter scene.
- Eliza's scream when Phillip dies.
- Burr breaking character when he turned around and saw King George dancing during 'The Adams Administration'
- King George dancing during ‘The Reynolds Pamphlet'
- The staging of the duels, the rotating stage, all the amazing choreography, the set, the performances, just the overall experience of being 'in the room where it happens.'
Oh, also, (super random) Jack Black was there. We saw him get his tickets from will call and did a double take, ha!
YOU CREATE SOMETHING LIKE INWARD SINGING!!! pic.twitter.com/MhQ6ta8nMJ— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) May 1, 2016